HAPPY CURATIONS LTD
Terms & Conditions of Supply
- These terms
- This website is operated by Happy Curations Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at Floor 4, 15-19 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 8AZ (We, our, us) and our VAT number is 286973928. All products supplied by us are supplied on these terms and conditions. Please read these terms carefully before you place an order.
- You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com or at the address above. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- These terms apply only for the sale of our products to consumers. If you are a business wishing to purchase our products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- You may select the Product you want to purchase, the desired flavour and quantity, and click “Add to cart”. When you’ve completed shopping, click the “Proceed to checkout” button and follow the instructions to checkout and complete your order. Please note that you may change the contents or edit the quantities of items in your shopping cart until you click “Place Order”, after which your order will be processed.
- A contract is formed between us only when we email confirmation with your order number. We will let you know in writing if we are unable to accept an order and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product.
- Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
- You must be over 18 to buy products from us.
- Our products
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Your product, and the packaging, may vary slightly from those images.
- We may change the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, such as labelling requirements and to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- Delivery charges are as displayed on the website.
- During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you.
- If delivery is delayed by an event outside our control then we will let you know as soon as possible and will take steps to minimise the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If we are unable to deliver products to you, we will leave you a note with information about how to re-arrange delivery. If you do not re-arrange delivery or collect products from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 1 will apply.
- The products will be your responsibility and belong to you from the time we deliver them to the address you gave us, except if we have agreed to receive payment after delivery, in which case you will own the products once we have received payment in full.
- Your rights to cancel the contract
- If you are cancelling a contract for a reason set out below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been delivered. You may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- You have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund for most online purchases, excluding perishable goods. If you wish to return the products, they must be unopened. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods to exercise this right, unless your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery.
- How to cancel a contract with us
- To cancel the contract you can email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address above, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- If you cancel the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must post them back to us at we give you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a return label or to arrange collection. You must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- We will pay the costs of return if the products are faulty or mis-described or if you are ending the contract for one of the reasons set out in clause 5.1. In all other cases (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any damage to the goods caused by your handling.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may cancel a contract for a product at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- If we end the contract we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not delivered.
- Defective products
- If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us.
- If the goods are not fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality during the expected lifespan, your legal rights entitle you to the following, if applicable:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can’t be replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ or call 03454 04 05 06. This does not affect your legal rights.
- If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them to us or allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection.
- Price and payment
- The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure this is correct.
- We accept payment by debit, credit or charge card as well. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs. This may include an administration charge of not less than £20. We may at any time after a failed payment has occurred ask a debt collection agency to collect payment from you.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty, nor will any of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights, including the right to receive products which are as described, of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- We will not be deemed to be in breach of contract or of these Terms & Conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, road traffic problems.
- Other than as set out in clause 10.1, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the retail price of the goods contained in that order.
- How we use your personal information
- Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation but you may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing, which we shall not unreasonable withhold.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.